by David DeFord
My wife Kathy and I just completed a week-long bicycle ride across Missouri on the Katy Trail. During the ride I enjoyed hours and hours of contemplation. I made several observations.
Throughout the beautiful ride I noticed that when I saw a stick or rock on the path ahead and watched it carefully so I could miss it with my wheels, I usually hit it.
The more I watched the objects, the more likely I would run over them.
I also noticed that if I focused harder on missing it, I could.
We hit the targets of our focus.
To live a life of balanced happiness, we must focus on all of the most important areas of our lives.
If we provide enough focus on our marriage, your love will grow. Our families will remain close, supportive, and loving if we concentrate enough focus on them.
If you have a religious faith, live it fully. Be steadfast in keeping the standards of your faith. Don’t let situations dictate your religious performance. Dedicate adequate time to grow spiritually.
As we focus on our careers, we will achieve the success we pursue.
Some simple tips follow. If you use all of these tips as minimum focus requirements you will be well on your way to balanced happiness.
- Have a weekly date with your spouse. Be creative. Be consistent.
- Once a week, let no outside influence keep you from spending concentrated time with your family. Protect the evening. Play games, eat delicious refreshments, and teach your children your values.
- Be home with your family for dinner. Make dinner a pleasurable experience.
- Set aside daily time for spiritual study, prayer and reflection.
- Work hard when you are at work. Concentrate your efforts on meeting your most important professional goals.
- Take time to ponder the status of your marital, family, spiritual, and professional lives. Make improvements as needed.
- Listen, observe, and learn from life continually.
Of course these steps will not guarantee balanced success and happiness. But by following them, focusing on these four important areas of your life, you will certainly increase your balanced success.
By following these steps you take control of your life—setting boundaries from outside interference by less important factors.
We hit the targets of our focus.
"There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to possess it." Ronald Reagan
"Keep your eye on eternal goals." John H. Groberg
"The successful woman is the average woman--focused." Ruth Williams
"It’s not what’s happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it’s your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you’re going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny." Anthony Robbins
"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results." Jack Dixon
The Power of Focus : How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty
by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Les Hewitt
Whether they are corporate professionals, budding entrepreneurs, or they own a home business, most people are looking to achieve more in less time, while earning enough money to live comfortably. This book reveals the proven techniques thousands of people have used to attain all of the money they wanted while living healthy, happy and balanced lives. The Power of Focus, the new blockbuster from the coauthors of the bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul, is a practical no-nonsense guide that shows readers how to reach their business, personal and financial goals without getting burned out in the process.
Canfield, Hansen, and Hewitt have taken the best ideas from their own successful careers (seventy-nine years of combined business expertise), and distilled them into ten powerful focusing principles. The result is a treasury of insights that is enjoyable to read and easy to understand. At the outset, the book identifies the three most important fundamentals for consistent success: developing unusual clarity; understanding that habits determine your future; and using a "no exceptions policy" approach to focus on what you want. Numerous anecdotes and inspiring stories help to reinforce each principle.
This is a must-read for business people, sales managers, entrepreneurs, and anyone who is serious about improving their personal awareness.
David DeFord has written the book you need to accomplish all that you seek in your life.
Ordinary People Can Achieve the Extraordinary-A Practical Guide to Goal Achievement will help you bust past the inevitable obstacles. In the past, you became discouraged and quit chasing your dreams.
Now, you can press past these roadblocks and reach your chosen destinations.
Order it on Amazon.com at:
- How to finally take control of your future
- How to build foundations under your dreams
- How you no longer need to “settle” for what you have
- Why living the “TV Existence” kills your dreams, and how to break free
- The best way to select your goals
- How to identify your “Great One Thing”
- How to use all of your sense to keep enthused
- How to become the success you seek
- How to deserve it
- Some simple record-keeping techniques to measure your progress
- How to talk yourself into overcoming the temptation to backslide
- How keeping a journal will help you succeed
- Resources that can help you keep your determination high
- Free e-zines to instruct and inspire you
- Discussion groups and forums that can help you
- How giving back to your community helps you deserve abundance
Are you often looking for the right quote to motivate yourself or others? Positive words of encouragement can affect our attitudes greatly. And our attitudes affect every area of our lives. In 1000 Brilliant Achievement Quotes—Advice from the World’s Wisest by David DeFord, you will find encouraging words to help you lift yourself above the ordinary.
From slugger Henry Aaron to Carl Zuckermeyer, Anne Frank to George Burns, wise people have offered wonderful and useful advice on successful living.
Author David DeFord has sifted through tens of thousands of quotes, reluctantly discarding many, in an effort to bring you the most brilliant. This volume may be used as a reference work. But you may wish to read it from cover to cover initially. Like eating hot cayenne pepper sauce, the effect of reading powerful quotes produces an accumulated potency. The more you read, the stronger the impact.
An excellent companion to his first book, Ordinary People Can Achieve the Extraordinary—A Practical Guide to Goal Achievement, these quotes will help you keep focused on reaching your dreams.
Order it on Amazon.com:
To comment on this page, please email email@example.com