by David DeFord
Everyone needs encouragement. Think of parents encouraging the young baby to take her first steps, or their middle school student to learn a difficult algebra concept. Think also of the adult suffering through a tough period at their employment.
The greatest help we can give to people in challenge is to help them see that they can triumph. They usually don’t need instruction, but encouragement.
If we offer added pressure, or doubt their abilities, we discourage them—sometimes to the point of their giving up.
Our encouraging words lift others.
People love to be in the company of encouraging people. Positive energy attracts others. When we show confidence in someone they feel more confident, and are more willing to make needed changes.
Discouraging words weaken.
Tough times can be made more difficult by discouraging words.
Very few can succeed in the absence of encouragement. Walt Disney sought to realize his dream of a theme amusement park. In seeking venture capital, he was turned away several hundred times. He continually heard how his idea wouldn’t sell. Most of us would have given up—but he kept reaching for the stars until he received the needed funding.
Most people need the encouragement of others when opposition strikes.
Say your friend wants to make a significant change in his life: lose weight; start a business; or train to run a marathon. You can have an impact on their potential success. Compare these responses you may give:
• You don’t need to lose weight. Besides you may be able to lose it, but you won’t maintain the loss. Do you want some of my KFC?
• Excellent. What is your weight loss plan? Did you know that Peggy used that approach and had great success?
• Don’t you know the failure rate of new business? Don’t quit your day job.
• That’s a good business concept. How can I help?
• Marathon running will kill your knees. I would never try that.
• Have you always wanted to run a marathon? Have you read Galloway’s Book of Running? It has some great training plans.
I challenge you to speak encouragingly. By doing so, you’ll help those around you overcome their challenges and reach their dreams. You will also attract people to you. They will like how they feel about themselves when they are with you.
"Treat people as if they were what they should be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." Johan von Goethe
“Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.” Sally Koch
"I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced that they are about to change the world, I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another." Ellen Goodman
"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" Frank Scully
"Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can." Henry Drummond
The Power of Positive Thinking
Translated into fifteen languages with more than 7 million copies sold, The Power of Positive Thinking is unparalleled in its extraordinary capacity for restoring the faltering faith of millions. In this insightful program, Dr. Peale offers the essence of his profound method for mastering the problems of everyday living. You will learn:
* How to eliminate that most devastating handicap -- self doubt
* How to free yourself from worry, stress and resentment
* How to climb above problems to visualize solutions and then attain them
* Simple prayerful exercises that you can do every day, throughout the day, to reinforce your new-found habit of happiness
Eliminating all the negative thoughts that prevent you from achieving happiness and success, The Power of Positive Thinking is an inspiring program that will help you create a positive change in your life.
David DeFord has written the book you need to accomplish all that you seek in your life.
Ordinary People Can Achieve the Extraordinary-A Practical Guide to Goal Achievement will help you bust past the inevitable obstacles. In the past, you became discouraged and quit chasing your dreams.
Now, you can press past these roadblocks and reach your chosen destinations.
Order it on Amazon.com at:
- How to finally take control of your future
- How to build foundations under your dreams
- How you no longer need to “settle” for what you have
- Why living the “TV Existence” kills your dreams, and how to break free
- The best way to select your goals
- How to identify your “Great One Thing”
- How to use all of your sense to keep enthused
- How to become the success you seek
- How to deserve it
- Some simple record-keeping techniques to measure your progress
- How to talk yourself into overcoming the temptation to backslide
- How keeping a journal will help you succeed
- Resources that can help you keep your determination high
- Free e-zines to instruct and inspire you
- Discussion groups and forums that can help you
- How giving back to your community helps you deserve abundance
Are you often looking for the right quote to motivate yourself or others? Positive words of encouragement can affect our attitudes greatly. And our attitudes affect every area of our lives. In 1000 Brilliant Achievement Quotes—Advice from the World’s Wisest by David DeFord, you will find encouraging words to help you lift yourself above the ordinary.
From slugger Henry Aaron to Carl Zuckermeyer, Anne Frank to George Burns, wise people have offered wonderful and useful advice on successful living.
Author David DeFord has sifted through tens of thousands of quotes, reluctantly discarding many, in an effort to bring you the most brilliant. This volume may be used as a reference work. But you may wish to read it from cover to cover initially. Like eating hot cayenne pepper sauce, the effect of reading powerful quotes produces an accumulated potency. The more you read, the stronger the impact.
An excellent companion to his first book, Ordinary People Can Achieve the Extraordinary—A Practical Guide to Goal Achievement, these quotes will help you keep focused on reaching your dreams.
Order it on Amazon.com:
To comment on this page, please email email@example.com